Thursday, December 17, 2009

Missed Cut....Better Play.

December 16th was the second day of the tournament at Black Bear. I started off with quick birdies at 1 and 2. I wasn't hitting the ball great but my putting and overall shortgame was very good. I bogied 6,13 and 17 to be 1 over for the day.

The 18th hole is a 540 par 5 with the second shot over water. I hit a great drive and left myself with 235yds to the hole. I decdided then to go for the green in 2 and came up short in the water. I was proud of myself for taking the chance at hitting the green and potentially making eagle but I was disappointed I didn't pull off the shot. I made a double bogey on the hole and ended up missing the cut by 3.

I played much better overall but still plenty of work to do. The next tourny is the 28th.

Happy Holidays to everybody following me!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Geoff, Glad to see you are pursuing your competitive golf career. You definately have the skills. My game has gone a little down hill lately but I did have my first hole in one this summer. Good luck with your tournaments and let me know if you are ever in Greensboro. We will definately have to play.

    ReplyDelete